92 Granite St #1
Biddeford, Maine 04005
What is in a kit? How do they come?
- CNC Plywood Kits include all the precut plywood needed to build the boat, planking, structural parts, molds (if applicable) & deck. Patterns for solid wood parts may also be included as patterns.
- The plywood kit comes with a manual (25-50 pages of step-by-step instructions and photos) as well as a plans package specific to the kit (12 or more 11x17 PDF sheets showing the construction).
- Plywood kits come by freight on 4x8' pallets. The truck comes with a lift gate to lower the pallet just outside your garage.
- Resources: I am a professional boatbuilder, so I have resources in the form of spreadsheets, lists, and other information that I share with customers, if it is not already in the lists of hardware, supplies, lumber that comes with plans/manual.
What are FSPs?
- FSP stands for "full size pattern". Some of my boats can be built from full size printouts of all the parts included in the kit. This means you can cut all the parts by hand by laying paper patterns over the plywood and transferring the lines and curves to the wood using an awl or pattern-maker's wheel.
Where are the Vivier boats?
- Currently, I am only selling my own boat designs as plans and kits. Hewes & Co. is cutting Vivier boats nowadays.
Do you have plans for the kit boats?
- Some boats are available as plans only and some boats require the kit to build the boat. Under the description of each boat where it says "Status" I indicate whether the model is available as plans only.
- If it the model is available as "plans only" it means that you can buy the plans package and do not need a kit, lofting, or full size patterns to build.
How do I place an order?
- Email or call to confirm what you want included and your zip code so I can calculate freight cost.
- I send a PayPal invoice/Buy Now Button to your email that brings you to payment page.
- Pay with your credit/debit card.
- OR Send a certified bank check (I can offer a 3% discount).
- OR Send a money order (Post Office is easy) (also a 3% discount).
- I will confirm receipt once I have payment.
How long does it take to get a kit?
- Turnaround times can be up to 8 weeks, so please plan ahead!
- Please be aware that I do teach full time and may not respond or deliver immediately. I go out of my way to be sure people can build my boats. Feel free to follow up by phone or email if you don't hear back in a couple days time.
Call me at 207.602.9587
During business hours I am in the shop all day, so leave a message and I will get back to you in late afternoon or weekend.
I enjoy talking with my builders. So, do not hesitate to call.